I’ve never really tried to shoot M81, Bode’s Galaxy before, and I’m not entirely sure why. I do like wider-angle telescopes, which make for dramatic images of many galaxies together, but not for individual photos of smaller galaxies in the sky. Bode’s is one of the larger ones available, and yet… this is my first attempt at capturing it!
This also includes M82, the Cigar Galaxy, and two smaller galaxies, NGC 3077 and NGC 2976.
- Astro-Tech AT115EDT 115mm f/7 ED Triplet Refractor w/ 0.8x Reducer/Flattener
- Losmandy GM-8 German Equatorial Mount, Gemini 2, Losmandy FLW Tripod
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- Orion StarShoot Autoguider
- ZWO EAF Electronic Automatic Focuser, iOptron iPolar
- N.I.N.A., PHD2 Guiding, SkySafari Pro, AstroPixelProcessor, Topaz Photo AI, Capture One