The Heart Nebula, NGC 896/IC 1805/Sharpless 2-190, and the Soul Nebula, Sharpless 2-1999, combined, are one of the best wide-fields the sky has to offer. With my 115mm refractor, it’s way too wide to get in a single panel. This is a nine panel mosaic, captured over two nights.
The largest mosaic I’ve tried before this was two and three panels, all the same night. So, this is a lot more ambitious. But I’m exceptionally pleased with how this turned out.
- Astro-Tech AT115EDT 115mm f/7 ED Triplet Refractor w/ 0.8x Reducer/Flattener
- Losmandy GM-8 German Equatorial Mount, Gemini 2, Losmandy FLW Tripod
- QHY 268C
- Optolong UV / IR Cut Filter
- QHY 5II7C
- ZWO EAF Electronic Automatic Focuser, iOptron iPolar
- N.I.N.A., PHD2 Guiding, SkySafari Pro, AstroPixelProcessor, Capture One