I took Andromeda at the beginning of the year, as I’ve done several times before. This time, it was with my AT115EDT 115mm refractor and APS-C-sized QHY268C camera. This combination can’t fit the entire galaxy in a single frame, so this is a two-panel mosaic, an excuse to try my hand again at constructing them.
- Astro-Tech AT115EDT 115mm f/7 ED Triplet Refractor w/ 0.8x Reducer/Flattener
- Losmandy GM-8 German Equatorial Mount, Gemini 2, Losmandy FLW Tripod
- QHY 268C
- Optolong UV / IR Cut Filter
- QHY 5II7C
- ZWO EAF Electronic Automatic Focuser, iOptron iPolar
- N.I.N.A., PHD2 Guiding, SkySafari Pro, AstroPixelProcessor, Capture One